Operational Research: Offshore Wind Capabilities
Solving Maritime Operational Problems
Maritime professionals from around the globe use our simulators to help solve challenging maritime operational research problems. The dramatic increase in vessel size parallels the complexity of their operations. The simulation provides a platform for professional mariners and engineers to work together in virtual “real-world” conditions for validating competing designs and operational strategies. This synergy creates the potential for substantial savings in construction costs, and increases in the safety margins for vessel transits.
Offshore Wind Training & Simulation
MITAGS provides advanced training and simulation support to the emerging Offshore Wind Industry. Recent clients include Ørsted Offshore North America and other marine engineering firms. Services include:
- Virtual offshore wind project navigation simulation that allows mariners and stakeholders to experience piloting through a commercial scale wind farm.
- Validation simulation to assist in the selection of designs during the feasibility stages.
- Vessel transit planning from construction staging area to wind farm.
- Mariner Familiarization Training (under development).
- GWO Basic Safety Training (under development).
MITAGS OFFSHORE WIND FARM
For guidance on how to submit a Request for Quotation, click here.
For a selected list of our clients, please view our Client List.
For more information on our maritime simulation and operational research services and a comprehensive review of MITAGS Simulation Facilities and Capabilities in Baltimore and Seattle, please enter your email address below and download our Simulation Capabilities Guide or Contact Us today.