MITAGS continuously seeks individuals who are leaders in their field that possess the core competencies and values listed within our Mission Statement.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/M/F/F/H)
Summer Marketing Intern
MITAGS is currently seeking a Marketing Intern to join our team for the summer of 2020.
You will report to the Director of Business Development and assist with implementing our current business development and marketing strategies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Update & monitor MITAGS’ social media channels in accordance with our editorial calendar, and as needs arise.
- Assist in maintaining and updating website content in WordPress; work with IT Director and 3rd party vendor to troubleshoot any issues.
- Create email blasts via MailChimp.
- Support the Business Development team in daily administrative tasks.
- Assist in executing additional content pieces in accordance with the editorial calendar.
- Help maintain our brand standards and assist with updating marketing materials as needed.
- Assist the Director of Business Development with 3rd party marketing and technology vendor activities and reporting.
- Write and produce case studies at the guidance of the Business Development team.
- Review Student Critiques and maintain a list of the best reviews for use as testimonials in future marketing campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Current enrollment in a related BA, BS or Master’s Degree program.
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive.
- Solid understanding of latest marketing strategies and trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- Passion for marketing and its best practices.
If interested in this position, please send resume, cover letter and two writing samples to Lindsay Moran, Marketing Manager, at email@example.com.
Full-time Instructor/Simulator Operator
MITAGS West Coast Campus seeks a full-time Instructor/Simulator Operator to provide classroom instruction and simulator operator support.
Classroom instruction will focus on Mate-to-Master upgrade courses, as well as Officer in Charge of a Navigation Watch (OICNW) courses.
The job also entails operating the simulator for USCG-approved courses, research projects or assessments.
Travel may be required to teach at the east coast campus, or other off-site locations.
Desired qualifications include: USCG Master Unlimited, having sailed at least one year on that license–may be substituted with equivalent uniformed service experience (NOAA, USCG, USN); degree in adult education.
Requirements include: USCG-approved Train the Trainer course; ability to work flexible hours, to include early morning, evening and/or weekends; excellent writing and communications skills; excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and related information systems; very strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
This position requires moderate physical activity.
To apply for this job or to find out more, please contact Jane Sibiski: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to check back regularly for future employment opportunities.
Please email or send resumes and/or applications to:
MITAGS Human Resources Department
692 Maritime Blvd
Linthicum Heights, Maryland 21090