The Maritime Conference Center is currently looking for a Guest Services Representative for our front desk operation. This full time (40 hour week) opportunity offers competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, vison coverage for employee and qualified dependents with zero $ payroll deduction. We offer paid vacation, personal and sick time and 13 paid holidays. We currently offer combined employer contributions of 15 % to Pension and IRAP Plans plus a 401K employee contribution plan. Beautiful campus setting with employee discounts on limited overnight stays when available, use of indoor pool and gym, free parking and one meal per scheduled shift!
With revenue at the forefront the daily tasks include, but are not limited to, the sale of 232 hotel guest rooms at the current or better rate, upselling additional services, entering and confirming reservations, guest check in/check out, answering and directing telephone calls and in person inquiries, retail sales in the onsite Store, and other duties as outlined below. This position has a flex schedule geared to cover the business needs of a 24 hour hotel.
MAJOR DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
RESERVATIONS AND FRONT DESK OPERATIONS
- Pre-block guest rooms based on available floors.
- Utilize BEO’s and Group Resumes to gain group details and coordinate needs with other departments.
- Deliver VIP Welcome Amenities to guest rooms.
- Check guests in and out and assign proper credentials
- Check to make sure all financial data, customer information data, and proper forms of payment/posting information is correct.
- Ensure that all relevant information is blogged on the Front Desk Daily Shift Blog in MS Teams.
- Assist with health screenings, when applicable.
- Work with off-site hotels during oversell conditions.
- Make certain front desk and front office areas remain neat and tidy.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years previous experience in hotel front desk preferred.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, Hospitality systems and POS systems.
- Ability to lift packages up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk quickly, and for long distances due to size of facility. Assist with guest private functions as directed by OM.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be capable of providing quality service to hotel guests.
- Personable and outgoing, pleasant phone demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to connect with guests positively.
- Able to complete fire training and CPR courses.
Take a peek at The Maritime Conference Center www.mccbwi.org
For immediate consideration send your resume in confidence to [email protected]
This position will fill quickly!