Fire Fighting Combined Basic & Advanced
- Length5 Days
- Pre-requisiteGeneral good health and ability to carry out rigorous activities
This course (MITPMI -125) combines the training for basic and advanced fire fighting into a convenient 5-day format. Also attendees learn how to develop and implement fire plans. Practical portion of the course includes applying techniques to fight live fires and to lead fire teams. The course meets all of the STCW 2010 and Coast Guard license requirements for basic and advanced fire fighting training.
This course satisfies the following STCW 2010 and CFR training requirements:
- STCW Section A-VI/1 and Table A-VI/1-2 - Specification of Minimum Standard of Competence in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (BT Fire Module)
- STCW Section A-VI/3 and Table A-VI/3 - Advanced Fire Fighting
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2)
- Basic and Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2) and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3)
- Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.303(a)
- Firefighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d); and 13.501(c)(3)
- NVIC 10-14 Tasks: 16.2.A; 16.5.A; 17.1.A; 17.3.A.
- NVIC 12-14 Tasks: 14.1.A; 14.2.A; 14.3.A; 14.4.A; 19.2.A.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 02-14 & 09-14. General good health and the physical ability to safely carry out rigorous activities during “live” fire fighting exercises. Fire-field safety rules require all students to be clean shaven in order to ensure a proper seal with the self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basics of fire fighting responses to various types of fires
- Learn how to prevent fires
- Don and use turn out gear and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Handle fire hoses / extinguishers to put out live fires
- Operate in near zero visibility conditions
- Extinguish flammable liquid fires using various types of fire suppression agents
- Organize and Lead fire teams
- Develop fire control plans
- Understand command and control techniques
What You Should Bring
- Closed toed shoes
- Clothes suitable for Fire Fitghing exercises
- Student must be clean shaven for a proper SCBA seal