Train The Trainer
- Length5 Days
- Pre-requisiteMust meet the U. S. Coast Guard competency and qualification standards for specific course(s) they will teach.
This 40 hour course is designed for instructors who will be responsible for the conduct of IMO model courses and USCG approved courses. This course is based on the Qualified Instructor requirements as set forth in USCG Navigation and Vessel Inspection Circular No. 6-97, Policy on Qualified Instructors and Designated Examiners Who Train or Assess the Competence of Merchant Mariners. The material for this course is from the IMO model course, 6.09, Training Course For Instructors.
Participants successfully completing this course will be capable of undertaking all of the responsibilities expected of instructors within their field of expertise. They will be able to develop training objectives appropriate for adult learners, select the most appropriate learning processes and develop the means of evaluating the training process.
Suggested Courses/Skills- Must meet with the U.S Coast Guard of NVIC 19-14.
This course is not Eligible for the MATES Program.
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to Classroom Instruction.
- Development of a Learning System.
- Course Design.
- Classroom Management.
- Training Aids.
- Evaluation of a Learning System.
- Methods of Trainee Evaluation.
- Monitoring Trainee Progress.
- Use of Tests and Examinations.
This course satisfies the following STCW95 and CFR training requirements:
- IMO Model Course 6.09
- IMO Model Course 3.12
- IMO Model Course 1.22
- 46 CFR 11.302
- 46 CFR 11.309
- United States Coast Guard NVIC 6-97
- Section A-I/6 of the STCW Code.
Although the USCG does not approve the Train-the-Trainer (TTT) courses, our TTT course was reviewed and determined to meet the intent of NVIC 6-97 and Section A-I/6 of the STCW Code.
Available Dates - BALTIMORE
No available course sessions at this time. Please check back at a later date.