Fast Rescue Boat
- Length3 Days
This three-day course is intended for personnel with previous small boat handling experience wishing to improve and adapt their skills for fast rescue boat operations. This course is a combination of classroom lecture and underway practical exercises.
This course is offered through our training partners Seafarers Worldwide and the Northwest Maritime Academy and is held offsite, north of Seattle in LaConner, Washington.
Prerequisites- PSC/ Lifeboatman, or Lifeboatman-Limited
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 05-14.
What You Will Learn
- Maintain the fast rescue boat for operations
- Prepare fast rescue boat and crew for operations
- Take charge of a fast rescue boat during and after launch
- Respond to FRB, equipment and crew emergencies or malfunctions
- Locate and retrieve casualties
- Recover the fast rescue boat
Successfully passing the written exam and practial assessments will qualify the graduate as certified for Operator of Fast Rescue Boats. This course is compliant with Coast Guard standards and the guidelines of Table A-VI/2-2 of the STCW Code as required by 46 CFR 12.617(b) every 5 years.