MITAGS is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician for its West Coast campus!
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the fire training facility, and associated training equipment in safe and serviceable condition.
SUPERVISION OF DUTIES:
Facilities Maintenance Manager
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain the fire trainer and associated equipment.
- Repair as necessary.
- Monitor condition of fire training facilities though periodic inspections.
- Make recommendations regarding maintenance and service of training facilities
- Coordinate facilities inspections
- Perform maintenance of the firefighting mock-up (stocking of supplies, cleaning, painting, and weed control as required by our burn permit)
- Maintain breathing air compressor
- Maintain fire pumps and fire main system
- Fabricate training aids
- Advise Director of maintenance requirements
- Advise Director of non-conformities
- Supervise outside contractors and vendors
- Professional experience as a shipyard welder and fabricator
- The ability to read and understand and apply various safety, operations and environmental manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to use a Windows computer to create, retrieve, modify, and save files
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Certification as Shipyard Competent Person
- Forklift driver certification
- Current HAZWOPER certification
- Valid driver’s license
- The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 125 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The position requires working outside most of the day. Duties may require occasional travel to off site locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Fire trainer is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles.
Minimum Starting Salary – $18.00/hour
If interested in learning more or applying for this position, please submit a cover letter with your resume to Human Resources Manager, Jane Sibiski at [email protected].