- Length0 Days
This January 2023 the USCG released the Maritime Cybersecurity Assessment & Annex Guide (MCAAG), which provides high level guidance to Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA)-regulated facilities and other Marine Transportation System (MTS) stakeholders for addressing cyber risks. This course will provide the student with the knowledge necessary to navigate this Guide and implement practices and tools to achieve compliant baseline cybersecurity assessments and plan development, particularly the Facility Security Assessments (FSA) and Facility Security Plans (FSP) required by MTSA.
This course is not Eligible for the MATES Program.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the students should be able to discuss with their organization's management structure, suppliers, and vendors that will address:
- How to apply Cyber Risk Management best practices to properly measured, evaluated and prioritized risks to a Marine Transportation ecosystem.
- Best practice approaches to define and identify the information (and information flow), and the assets that require protection from cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- Application of the NIST CSF and other Cyber Security Guidance to achieve a “minimum baseline” defined by the MCAAG.
- How to develop a comprehensive Gap Analysis and Plan of Action and Milestones to enable your organization to mature to the enhanced and optimal levels of cybersecurity defined by the MCAAG.
- Best practices for preforming a comprehensive self-assessment of your organizations Compliance with the MCAAG.