In the presence of threats to public health, such as outbreaks and rapidly spreading viruses, military personnel must abide by a restriction of movement (ROM) requirement. The ROM includes quarantine and isolation time so a crew can wait out a contagious period and determine that they do not carry the illness before moving on to deployment.
This period of time is much easier in the right location. MITAGS provides this space through our military sealift command lodging. We can function as a COVID-19 hotel for quarantine before deployment as well as during other ROM periods. View Flyer to Learn More
A Convenient Solution for Restriction of Movement (ROM) Quarantine
For companies that require their crews to gather and quarantine at one location prior to deployment, consider the Maritime Conference Center hotel operations as yourvenue. The site offers many benefits over a standard hotel, making your ROM quarantine a better experience.
The advantages include:
- A centralized location. Our central position on the East Coast is conveniently located near Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, or BWI, Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor Rail Stop and Interstate I-95, all of which are within five minutes of campus. Three other major international airports are within a two-hour drive (Dulles, Reagan and Philadelphia).
- A variety of amenities, many of which are directed toward military personnel. Our self-contained, 40-acre campus includes hotel and meal services, as well as ample free parking. Hotel and residence areas have plenty of space for maintaining physical distancing. Also on-site is a physical fitness center, pool and grounds available for exercising. No need to leave the campus until the time of deployment.
- Strict safety standards. We have a rigorous Campus-wide COVID-19 policy in place since our reopening on June 1, 2020. You can expect secure operations, cleanliness and practices that limit the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Time to complete training. During your stay here, you can use the quarantine time as an opportunity to complete training.
- Affordable rates. We offer competitive pricing with revenue going to an organization dedicated to supporting the U.S. Flag Merchant Marine.
A COVID-19 hotel quarantine at the Maritime Conference Center is all-inclusive, complete with a wide range of amenities for an enjoyable, relaxing and productive experience before deployment.
In each room you’ll find:
- Free Wi-Fi.
- A coffeemaker.
- A refrigerator.
- A work desk with ergonomic seating.
- A flat-screen Tv with satellite programming.
That all-inclusive rate includes self-serve laundry facilities and meals. Some rooms are pet-friendly, as well. Other convenient accommodations include a game room, indoor pool, fitness centers, sundry shop, ATM and business centers. The location is also near plenty of local restaurants so you can experience East Coast cuisine during your ROM quarantine.
Discounted rates are available for large groups and extended stays. Learn more about the amenities on the Maritime Conference Center website.
COVID-19 Hotel Quarantine Procedures
Our response to COVID-19 includes a robust policy to reduce the spread of the virus through limited services and extensive cleaning procedures. Our practices supporting a safe COVID-19 hotel quarantine can change as the situation evolves, but our current policy includes:
- A COVID-19 questionnaire completed before arrival on campus.
- Suspension of shuttle services to and from the airport.
- Closing the bar and recreation centers.
- A limit of two people in an elevator and one person in the ship’s store at one time.
- A mask requirement in public spaces.
- Grab-and-go portions in the dining center and socially distant seating arrangements.
- Once-a-week housekeeping service.
- A six-person capacity in the fitness center, open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
- Limited capacity in the indoor pool, open from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Our pool management company, Ace Aquatics, is employing various protocols to ensure cleanliness.
- Additional deep-cleaning practices.
Though some accommodations are currently unavailable, you’ll still find everything you need for a relaxing stay during ROM quarantine.
Visit the COVID-19 Resource Center for all of the most up-to-date information.
Contact Us for More Information on a ROM Quarantine Stay
The Maritime Conference Center’s military sealift command housing provides all the necessary amenities for a convenient and enjoyable stay during required ROM quarantine periods. We offer competitive rates and strict safety procedures.
For additional information, please contact Ms. Jill Porter, Director of Sales at email@example.com, or call 443-989-3509.