First Aid and CPR
- Length1 Days
This eight-hour U.S. Coast Guard- (USCG-) approved first aid course (MITPMI-197) provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide immediate life-saving first aid until the arrival of more experienced first–aiders.
This module is one of the four elements (first aid CPR, fire-fighting, personal survival, personal and social responsibility) necessary for Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) 2010 Basic Training (BT). All mariners with safety or emergency duties sailing on vessels 200 GRT tons or greater on near coastal or ocean voyages must complete BT.
This STCW first aid course satisfies the following STCW 2010 and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) training requirements:
- Section A-VI/1, and Table A-VI/1-3 - BST Elementary First Aid
- 46 CFR 11.302(a)(3) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(3) - Elementary First Aid
- 46 CFR 11.201(i)(1) - First Aid and CPR
- NVIC 08-14 Tasks: 4.1.A, 4.1.B, 4.1.C, 4.1.D, 4.1.E, 4.2.A, 4.3.A, 4.3.B, 4.4.A, 4.4.B, 4.4.C, 4.4.D, 4.4.E, 4.4.F, 4.4.G, 4.4.H, 4.4.I, 4.5.A, 4.6.A, 4.6.B, 4.7.A, 4.7.B, 4.7.C, 4.8.A, 4.8.B, 4.8.C, 4.8.D, and 4.9.A
- NVIC 12-14 Task 19.3.A
This course can be taught at company locations or combined with other courses.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 08-14.
What You Will Learn
Through classroom lecture and an anatomical mannequin suitable for cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), you will learn the following in your STCW CPR course:
- Basic life support (CPR) for an adult victim
- Proper use of an AED
- Initial treatment for severe bleeding
- Initial treatment for severe burns
- Basic patient transport
Where Can You Take Coast Guard-Approved First Aid Courses
At MITAGS-PMI, you may register for Coast Guard-approved first aid courses at our campuses in Seattle, Washington or Baltimore, Maryland. We also offer the option to have our knowledgeable instructors teach our STCW first aid and CPR course at your organization's headquarters, as well as in combination with other classes.
If you decide to take an STCW first aid and CPR course at our Maryland or Washington campus, both are located less than 20 minutes from their respective airports.
How to Register for First Aid and CPR Training for Maritime Professionals
We offer a direct and intuitive registration process for our first aid and CPR training courses for maritime professionals. Start the process with the following steps:
- Browse our available STCW CPR and first aid courses.
- Add your preferred STCW first aid and CPR course for Washington or Maryland to your cart.
- Create your MITAGS-PMI account to complete your purchase.
- Submit your payment to finalize your registration.
If you require registration assistance for our maritime first aid training, contact our team.
What You Should Bring
Prepare for your Coast Guard-approved first aid course by packing the following items:
- Clothes that allow the student to move around
- Closed toed shoes
Learn more about our STCW first aid and CPR courses by exploring our open sessions in Maryland or Washington.