Basic CBR Defense (MITAGS)
- Length1 Days
This 1-day course, certified as meeting Military Sealift Command (MSC) requirements, is designed to inform personnel of the hazards that are associated with weapons of mass destruction. Students will learn how to best protect themselves and their ship and recover from these hazards and what their own or shared responsibilities are in a CBR environment.
Prerequisites- OICNW Level Certification.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
- Weapon Effects
- Types of Burst
- Release Other Than Attack (ROTA)
- Radiation Effects on People
- Defense – Time, Distance, Shielding
- IM 270 Dosimeters
- AN/PDQ-1 & Bridge Mount Radiac
- Radiological Monitoring
- Biological Defense
What You Should Bring
- Closed toed shoes
- Comfortable Clothing ( That allows student to bend, kneel, get into a chem suit)