Basic CBR Defense (MITAGS)
- Length1 Days
This 1-day Basic Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense Training course is certified as meeting Military Sealift Command (MSC) requirements, designed to inform personnel of the hazards that are associated with weapons of mass destruction. Students will learn how to best protect themselves and their ship and recover from these hazards and what their own or shared responsibilities are in a CBR environment.
Prerequisites- OICNW Level Certification.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
- Weapon Effects
- Types of Burst
- Release Other Than Attack (ROTA)
- Radiation Effects on People
- Defense – Time, Distance, Shielding
- IM 270 Dosimeters
- AN/PDQ-1 & Bridge Mount Radiac
- Radiological Monitoring
- Biological Defense
What You Should Bring
- Closed toed shoes
- Comfortable Clothing ( That allows student to bend, kneel, get into a chem suit)
Available Dates - BALTIMORE
Available Dates - SEATTLE
No available course sessions at this time. Please check back at a later date.