Z-Drive/ASD Tug Training
- Length3 Days
- Pre-requisiteMate or Master of Towing Vessels
To view our comprehensive flyer for this course, click here.
This course is primarily for experienced workboat officers that have little or no experience with ASD Z-Drives. This course combines lecture, simulation, and a comprehensive Z-Drive Workbook over a three-day period.
- Principles of Z-Drive Tug Design
- Z-Drive Mechanical Systems
- Principles of Z-Drive Tug Maneuvering
- Fundamentals of Light Tug Handling
- Fundamental Barge Maneuvers
- Light tugs Maneuvers - with or without current
- Z-Drive Competency Evaluation
This course may be customized to incorporate company policies and procedures and / or combined with other training. It may also be taught offsite. For more information on how MITAGS-PMI can develop a “turn-key” training solutions for your organization, please call 1-866-656-5569 or e-mail Admissions@mitags.org.
Prerequisites- Mate or Master of Towing Vessels.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
- Theory and use of tractor tugs in the escort mode
- Theory, use, and operation of Kamewa joystick steering