Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (VPDSD)
- Length1 Days
This course (MITPMI-747) is intended to provide the knowledge required for seafarers with designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP) to perform their duties in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the ISPS Code, and Section A-VI/6 and Table A-VI/6-2 of the STCW Code, as amended.
Suggested Courses/Skills- Should have TWIC, MMC, or other valid Goverment Identification.
What You Will Learn
- Knowledge of the current security threats and patterns;
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices;
- Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security;
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures;
- Crowd management and control techniques;
- Security related communications;
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
- Operation of security equipment and systems;
- Testing, calibration and at sea maintenance of security equipment and systems;
- Inspection, control and monitoring techniques;
- Methods of physical searches of persons, personal effects, baggage, cargo, and ship stores.
Available Dates - BALTIMORE
Available Dates - SEATTLE
No available course sessions at this time. Please check back at a later date.