USCG Assessor Training Seminar
- Length1 Days
The Shipboard Assessor's one-day workshop is designed to familiarize the deck officer (usually a chief mate or master) with the contents of the U.S. Coast Guard's manual "Assessor's Manual for Conducting Mariner Assessments" and techniques, procedures, and practices in conducting assessments on board ship. It prepares the attendee for acting as a shipboard assessor.
Prerequisite- STCW - Mangement or Operational Level Certification.
Suggested Courses/Skills- Minimum mandatory training to be designated as a "Qualified Assessor" by USCG NMC after 12/31/2017. See NVIC 19-14.
What You Will Learn
- The Purpose of Conducting Assessments
- The Role of the Assessor
- The Process of Conducting Assessments
- Components of an assessment
- Preparation for assessment
- Observation of performance
- Determining & explaining results of assessment
- Conducting a fair assessment
- Dealing with individuals in a professional manner
- Managing paperwork
- Discussion of record-keeping
- Specify assessment objectives
- Determine assessment methods
- Specify assessment conditions
- Develop performance measures, standards, & criteria
- Prepare assessment materials