Tank Ship Liquefied Gases
- Length12 Days
- Pre-requisiteFire Fighting, First Aid
This course (MITPMI-508) is intended to provide specialized training for personnel responsible for operating liquefied natural gas carriers (LNGC). The attendee will be provided with instruction, information, and experience relevant to their assigned duties. Classroom training is augmented with opportunities for hands-on application using the cryogenic simulator.
This course meets the training standards required by STCW Regulation:
- Section A-V/1-2 of the STCW Code, as amended
- CFR 13.209
- CFR 13.309
- CFR 13.409 or
- 13.509 for a tankerman endorsement
Prerequisites- TPIC or Advanced Firefighting course.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 22-14.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding of regulations and codes of practice
- Cargo and cargo equipment
- Health hazards
- Ship operating procedures
- Safety practices and equipment
- Emergency procedures
- General principles of cargo operations