Shipboard Medical Care
- Length26 Days
- Pre-requisiteBasic First Aid
This four week course (MITPMI-455) is designed for licensed deck officers and other shipboard personnel. Attendees will learn to provide quality medical assistance and advanced emergency medical care to ship’s personnel in accordance with guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Transportation and the International Convention of Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW 95)
This courses satisfies the following STCW95 and CFR training requirements:
- STCW 95, Regulation VI/4 paragraph 1
- STCW 95 Regulation VI/4 paragraph 2
- STCW 95 Section A-VI/4 paragraph 4
- STCW 95 Section A-VI/4 paragraph 5
- STCW 95 Section A-VI/4 paragraph 6
- STCW 95 Table A-VI/4-2.
- 46 CFR 11.205 (h) (1) (ii) Formerly 46 CFR 10.205 (h) (1) (ii)
Prerequisites- STCW- Medical Care Provider (MITPMI-301) or equivalent.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
- Infection control
- Sterile Techniique
- Medicine Labels
- Medicine Dose and administration
- IV therapy
- Eye, Ears, Nose and Throat
- Disease Prevention
- Hospital Clinical
- Rescue operations
- Management of mass casualty situations
- Hazardous material incidents
What You Should Bring
- Collared shirt and tie for men; business attire blouse for women; slacks
- Closed toed shoes
- Evidence of taking a TB test within the last eleven months
- Current seasonal flu vaccination
If required, MITAGS will provide this TB test and flu shot.