Radar Observer Recertification
- Length1 Days
- Pre-requisiteRadar Observer (Unlimited)
The Radar Observer Recertification course (MITPMI-402) is designed to provide mariners with refresher training in radar plotting, navigation, and collision avoidance, and document the student’s demonstration of the knowledge, skills, and abilities regarding the operation of commercial marine radar in accordance with the training objectives stated in 46 CFR Part 10.305, Licensing of Maritime Personnel. This course is designed for mariners desiring to renew their radar observer endorsement. It meets the requirements of 46 CFR 11.480(d) for renewal of a radar observer endorsement.
Please note that the course is often offered "on demand" at MITAGS during evenings (depending on instructor availability). If you are enrolling in another course, please request an evening radar on your application to Admissions. Also ask Admissions to keep you informed of any unpublished weekend offerings.
Prerequisites- Radar Observer Unlimited.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 0214.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the (ROR) course, including simulation and classroom lectures, the student will be able to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities as outlined below. Training Objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Proper interpretation and analysis of radar information
- Accurate plotting by graphical means, of required target information provided from the ship's radar
- Application of applicable COLREGS
This course satisfies the following STCW95 and CFR training requirements:
- 46 CFR 11.480 (d) for renewal of any radar observer endorement Formerly 46 10.480
- 46 CFR Part 11.305, Licensing of Maritime Personnel.Formerly 46 10.305
What You Should Bring
- Scientific Calculator
Available Dates - BALTIMORE
Available Dates - SEATTLE
No available course sessions at this time. Please check back at a later date.