Management of Electrical and Electronic Control Equipment
- Length5 Days
- Pre-requisiteNOTE: This course does not satisfy competencies required by STCW, as amended 2010. Open to marine engineering officers who hold a certificate under the 1978 STCW Convention, as amended, at the operational level or higher with at least six months of seafaring service on that capacity.
This 5-day, 40 hour USCG approved course (MITPMI-176) is designed to meet the Management of Electrical and Electronic Control Equipment training requirements of 46 CFR. THIS COURSE DOES NOT COVER THE ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS. The assessment/tasks will need to be done onboard. This course is designed to provide theoretical knowledge to support the tasks, duties, and responsibilities in managing the operation of electrical and electronic control equipment; trouble shooting; and restoring electronic control equipment to operating condition in case of malfunction.
NOTE: This course does not satisfy competencies required by STCW, as amended 2010.
Prerequisites- Mandatory for STCW Management Level Engineers after 1/1/2017. This course does NOT meet any Assessment requirements.
Suggested Courses/Skills-See NVIC 15-14 & 16-14.
What You Will Learn
By the end of the course the attendee will:
- contribute to a safer and more effective operation and control of ship's machinery.
- demonstrate the use of instrumentation and controls extensively used in engine rooms.
- explain the need for proper pre-planning, the use of checklists, and of the timescales in start-up procedures.
- recognize the way in which machinery units are interdependent
- identify operational problems and trouble-shoot them.
- apply decisions making skills and techniques that promote safety and efficiency.
Available Dates - BALTIMORE
Available Dates - SEATTLE
No available course sessions at this time. Please check back at a later date.