- Length5 Days
- Pre-requisiteUSCG Licensed Deck Officer or equivalent background
This MITAGS thirty-five hour course provides general awareness, function specific, emergency response, and safety training related to the transport, stowage, and handling of hazardous materials / dangerous cargoes aboard vessels. This course includes training and instruction in the subject areas of:
This course satisfies the following STCW95 and CFR training requirements:
- 49 172 Subpart H
- 49 172 Subpart B
- 49 172 Subpart G
- 49 172 Subpart C
Prerequisites- None, but it is preferred that attendees have a USCG Deck Officer License or an equivalent background and experience.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
- Security and General Awareness.
- Training Requirements of 49 CFR 172.704.
- Function specific (i.e. use of hazardous material tables, shipping papers, emergency response, and dangerous cargo manifests).
- Stowage and segregation of cargoes requirements of 49 CFR.
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG) and SOLAS pertaining to vessels carrying dangerous goods.
- Describe the general provision of dangerous goods transport.
- Identify specific dangerous goods transport provisions applicable to the function of a licensed deck officer.
- Identify and demonstrate safety measures to prevent and/or mitigate an intentional release of dangerous goods.