Engine Resource Management
- Length5 Days
- Pre-requisiteAttendee must hold a current license or rating for the engine department.
This USCG approved (MITPMI-187) course is designed to meet the Engine Room Resource Management training requirements of 46 CFR and the "Engine-room Resource Management" knowledge, understanding, and proficiency of Table A-III/1 of the STCW Code as amended. This course is intended for engineering officers at both the management and operational level. The course combines lecture and discussion modules with practical application in analysis and critique of case studies.
Prerequisites- Attendee must hold a current license or rating for the engine department.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 15-14 & 16-14.
What You Will Learn
Each attendee will be able to answer the following questions at the end of the course:
- How does my role in the engine room contribute to safe and effective ship operation?
- Why is it important to manage tasks and workloads?
- How has modern day technology and industry advancement impacted my role in the engine room?
- How can I best prepare for an emergency event?
Available Dates - BALTIMORE
Available Dates - SEATTLE
No available course sessions at this time. Please check back at a later date.