Emergency Shiphandling-5 Day
- Length5 Days
- Pre-requisiteBasic and Advanced I & II Shiphandling
This course is designed for experienced mariners to practice demanding shiphandling techniques. It takes advantage of the full mission simulator for two extra days of shiphandling exercises including docking and undocking, use of tugs and azipods, and emergency situations. Students can play out customized exercise scenarios tailored to their specific ship types and/or operating environment. Students will be better prepared for emergency situations and make decisions based on sound decision making principles and emergency procedures. Students will demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and proficiency in shiphandling on a Full Mission Simulator and may elect formal evaluations by simulation and written test.
Prerequisites- This course is available to Marine Pilots, experienced Masters, Chief Mates and anyone who has completed Basic and Advanced Shiphandling I & II.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management and Planning for Emergency Situations
- Planning and Developing Procedures to be Followed in Emergency Situations
- Decision Making Process When Under Stress
- Εmergency Maneuvering Tactics and Use of All Available Resources
- Εmergencies or Hazardous Conditions Including:
- Loss of Propulsion
- Loss of Steering
- Loss of Essential Equipment
- Loss of Tug Assistance
- Severe Weather
- Other Vessel Casualty
What You Should Bring
- All practical Navigation Equipment