Emergency Shiphandling-3 Day
- Length3 Days
- Pre-requisiteBasic and Advanced Shiphandling I & II
This course is designed for Pilots and Masters. It addresses decision making in stressful situations and techniques for avoiding or reducing damage as a result of equipment failure. Each student reacts to an engine, steering or other emergency while transiting restricted waters. Thorough debriefing sessions allow students to analyze decisions made and determine alternative solutions.
Prerequisites- This course is available to Marine Pilots, experienced Masters, Chief Mates and anyone who has completed Basic and Advanced Shiphandling I & II.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management and Planning for Emergency Situations
- Planning and Developing Procedures to be Followed in Emergency Situations
- Decision Making Process When Under Stress
- Εmergency Maneuvering Tactics and Use of All Available Resources
- Εmergencies or Hazardous Conditions Including:
- Loss of Propulsion
- Loss of Steering
- Loss of Essential Equipment
- Loss of Tug Assistance
- Severe Weather
- Other Vessel Casualty
What You Should Bring
- All practical Navigation Equipment
Available Dates - BALTIMORE
Available Dates - SEATTLE
No available course sessions at this time. Please check back at a later date.