Confined Space Entry
- Length3 Days
The 3-day "Confined Space Entry" course is designed for mariners who have a need to enter a vessel's confined or enclosed spaces.). The course presents the construction, operational features, limitations and calibration of oxygen analyzers, portable gas detection instruments and colorimetric tubes. A confined space training simulator is used along with various other training devices so that the attendee gets as close as possible to realistic training in testing, entering, working in and handling emergencies in a confined or enclosed space.
This course satisfies the following STCW-2010 and CFR training requirements
- OSHA standard 29CFR 1910.146
- OSHA standard 29CFR 1915
- "International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals" (ISGOTT)
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable regulations and standards for competent person and gas free engineer
- Identify potential and actual hazards within a confined or enclosed space
- Demonstrate ability to use testing equipment for confined and enclosed spaces
- Describe and demonstrate ventilation procedures
- Describe and demonstrate use of personal protective equipment
- Describe precautions and procedures when conducting cold and hot work operations
- Describe special precautions and procedures when working with hazardous materials involving; tank cleaning, sewage and spray painting
- Describe and demonstrate emergency rescue and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding duties of confined space “competent person” through a written test
Available Dates - BALTIMORE
Available Dates - SEATTLE
No available course sessions at this time. Please check back at a later date.