Confined Space Afloat Awareness & Entry
- Length1 Days
Enclosed space entry is a dangerous but necessary part of shipboard life, and this course will keep mariners informed of those dangers and the best ways to complete their work in a safe and efficient manner.
This course focuses on hazards and procedures specific to mariners at sea. Students will engage in practical, hands on training at the MITAGS-West M/v FIRE DRAGON, and learn about hazard awareness and mitigation, and
atmospheric testing and rescue.
What You Will Learn
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
• Describe OSHA regulations related to confined spaces
• Define confined space and potential hazards
• Describe proper entry procedures
• Describe personal protective equipment
• Describe methods for atmospheric testing
• Describe safe rescue procedures
Available Dates - BALTIMORE
Available Dates - SEATTLE
No available course sessions at this time. Please check back at a later date.