Bridge Resource Management – Great Lakes
- Length5 Days
This course is designed to assist professional mariners in gaining knowledge of BRM principles and proficiency through the practical application of those principles. Attendees gain instruction and discussion on the effective use of all available resources to enhance navigation safety. Emphasis is on the BRM behaviors necessary to achieve effective teamwork and how to minimize accidents caused by human error. The MITAGS Full-Mission Shiphandling Simulator is extensively used to apply techniques and behaviors learned in the classroom.
Note: This course does not meet the STCW95 or CFR training requirements. This course is customized for those officers serving on the Great Lakes.
What You Will Learn
- How to minimize human errors
- Leadership for safety
- Effective teamwork
- Effective Master/Pilot/Watch Officer relationship
- Effective communication
- How to obtain and maintain a high level of situational awareness
- How to detect errors and omissions and prevent error chains from developing
- Risk analysis
- Decision making
- Factors affecting human performance