Automatic Identification Systems Orientation
- Length1 Days
This one-day seminar is designed to provide the pilots with knowledge of the technologies that make up the AIS, and to expose them to the advantages/problems associated with this equipment. The AIS portion of the course has been developed using both government and manufacturer technical data. A minimum of two hours is spent managing AIS target information in both simulated and live AIS environments
This seminar can be combined with 2-day ECDIS-ENAV for Pilots, and/or the 2-day PPNS for Pilots.
Prerequisites- Radar Observer Unlimited and ARPA.
Suggested Courses/Skills- ARPA and BRM for Pilots.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how the AIS system works
- Identify vessel carriage requirements
- Understand AIS data at the user level
- Understand shipboard AIS configurations
- Identify the operational benefits of the system
- Understand the limitations and cautions of the system
- Initialize and update vessel a