MITAGS is seeking a Program Manager – Marine Firefighting/Damage Control Training Programs for its West Coast campus!
Responsible for MITAGS West Marine firefighting and damage control training programs and all associated operations.
Reports to the Assistant Director or designate
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages MITAGS West Firefighting and Marine Safety Training Programs
- Supervises Assistant Program Manager, Lead and Assistant Instructors, Maintenance Support Technician /Shuttle Driver and Emergency Medical Technician.
- Ensure facility readiness for training for all USCG, Navy and other firefighting and marine safety programs
- Manages training budget of firefield and training operations in conjunction with Assistant Director
- Primary liaison with clients such as Navy COR, TPOC, USCG, NPFVOA
- Develop and manage firefield training schedule in conjunction with management and other interested parties
- Supervise US Navy and USCG approved firefighting and damage control instructors and support staff
- Manage instructor qualifications and certifications in conjunction with the Instructional design coordinator (IDC)
- Make recommendations for hiring, firing and advancement
- Responsible for instructor assignments
- Manage curriculum in accordance with regulatory agencies requirements such as US Navy , USCG, NFPA and in conjunction with IDC
- Ensure facility meets applicable safety and regulatory requirements
- Ensure all instructors meet MITAGS and Navy Standards of Conduct
- Serve as Structure Chief as necessary
- Serve as Lead Instructor as necessary for USCG, NAVY and other approved marine safety program courses.
- Other duties as assigned
- Five or more years of contractor program management supervisory experience
- Leadership experience in U.S. Navy or Coast Guard or major Fire Department
- Instructor qualifications from military, fire service or other accredited organization
- Experience as an approved instructor for USCG, US Navy or other approved body
- Merchant Mariner Credential/USCG License preferred
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Capable of passing US Navy Physical and Psychological testing requirements
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making skills; ability to perform tasks and projects with no guidance. Capable of developing sound, detailed analyses to support actions and/or recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills required. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
Starting Salary – $80,000 with full benefits
If interested in learning more or applying for this position, please submit a cover letter with your resume to Human Resources Manager, Jane Sibiski at [email protected].