MITAGS is seeking a Part time Emergency Medical Technician/Program Support for its West Coast campus!
Responsible for student health checks and responds to medical emergencies during fire and damage control training.
Reports to Assistant Program Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the maintenance and readiness of first aid response gear including defibrillator(s)
- Stationed at fire trainer by Structure Chief during all live fire and damage control evolutions, with no duties other than medical response
- Responsible for reviewing Navy and Coast Guard student medical records prior to training
- Advise Structure Chief of student medical concerns and changes in student medical status
- Manage heat and cold stress programs
- Assist as directed
- Washington State Emergency Medical Technician Certification
- Nationally Registered with the national register of EMT Professionals
- Capable of passing US Navy Physical and Psychological testing requirements
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 125 pounds.
- The position requires working outside most of the day. Duties may require occasional travel to off site locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the fire trainer is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles;
Salary: Daily Rate -$250/day
If interested in learning more or applying for this position, please submit a cover letter with your resume to Human Resources Manager, Jane Sibiski at [email protected].