MITAGS is seeking a Part Time Assistant Instructor – Marine Firefighting/Damage Control Training Programs for its West Coast campus!
Serve as field instructor for Firefighting/Damage Control Training Maritime and Navy Programs. Provides classroom instruction to students and live fire and damage control training in line with Navy curriculum and USCG approved curriculum.
Reports to the Program Manager or Designate
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide instruction to students in line with the approved curriculum
- Responsible for practical training evolutions, mock-up configuration, associated equipment, and set-up/break down procedures.
- Provide instruction on firefighting equipment, firefighting tactics, techniques, live fire walkthroughs and live fire entry with students.
- Assist with the set up and maintenance of the fire trainer as directed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four or more years of service in U.S. Military or a major fire department
- Capable of passing US Navy Physical and Psychological testing requirements
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- The employee frequently is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 125 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The position requires working outside most of the day. Duties may require occasional travel to off site locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the fire trainer is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles.
MINIMUM STARTING WAGE – $300/DAY
If interested in learning more or applying for this position, please submit a cover letter with your resume to Human Resources Manager, Jane Sibiski at [email protected].