Title: Simulation Engineer, Naval Architect & Simulation Developer
Division: Simulation Research/Operations
Location: MITAGS East Coast Campus
Linthicum, MD 21090
FT Minimum Annual Salary
$80,080.00 Plus Benefits
Compensation commensurate with applicable skill set
MITAGS supports a range of Maritime Operational Research, in support of shipping companies and maritime organizations both nationally and internationally. Our Naval Architect is responsible for developing hydrodynamic ship simulation models and modeling tasks, which may include creation and maintenance of visual databases and video production for use by the MATES Program.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop ship models for simulation systems (Wärtsilä simulator) and area databases.
- Learn and understand basic principles of ship handling in relation to operation of ship models in support of projects.
- Lead maritime research projects and write technical reports and produce videos related to operational research studies using appropriate software as required.
- Organize, manage, and prepare ship model databases.
- Support projects including Simulator Operation.
- Perform other duties as assigned related to modeling and simulation.
- Learn the configuration of the simulator and ways to support simulator users.
Position will require some travel (less than 15%), to MITAGS-West Coast campus (Seattle) or at other sites and company locations as directed. All expenses reimbursable.
- Bachelors’ Degree in field of study Naval Architecture/Hydrodynamics/Coastal Engineering or other related field (such as computer gaming, design and 3D modeling) or 2-3 years equivalent work experience.
- Professional credential, licensed engineer or EIT or ability to begin process to achieve credential.
- Knowledge/work experience in the maritime field (Coast Guard license is a plus)
- Experience with AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, or MATLAB is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume to the MITAGS Human Resource Manager Jane Sibiski [email protected]