MITAGS and the Maritime Conference Center are seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager in Linthicum Heights, MD.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for development and delivering of successful branding and marketing strategies for the Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies (MITAGS) and Maritime Conference Center (MCC). This role, between the two organizations, includes development of an effective Customer Engagement Strategy, including website development and social media.
Reports to the Business Development Director (MITAGS) and Director of Sales (MCC). (Day-to-day oversight, schedule, etc. will run through the Director of Sales, MCC).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Business Development, MITAGS and Director of Sales, MCC to develop and execute all marketing strategies for both MITAGS and MCC. Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity.
- Coordinates all marketing and promotional campaigns, to include creation and publication of all marketing material in line with sales and marketing plans. Prepares online and print marketing campaigns. Creates a wide range of different marketing materials, to include graphic design of all ads, collateral, brochures, tradeshow materials, tchotchkes and the like.
- Works with third party marketing, website, photography, video, graphic design and technology vendors to manage and improve lead generation campaigns, ensure effectiveness of websites to include SEO Optimization, Keywords, Ad-word Campaigns, Social Media Campaigns, and the like. Monitors and reports on effectiveness of all marketing campaigns.
- Responds to all reviews and social media posts in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintains updated information on all digital partner profiles, to include content, photography and videography.
- Creates accurate reporting and information and communicates such findings to ensure the most effective and optimized marketing initiatives possible.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments and staff to ensure our public image is accurate and depicts the efforts of our Sales Teams, key relationships, important promotions, and happenings in the local market. Creates and disperses press releases, email marketing, blogs, social media and newsletter campaigns. Tells the story of both MITAGS and MCC, its clients, partners and staff members through professional, fresh content
- Works in conjunction with other Directors on various employee engagement activities, events, and internal communications.
- Works to cross-sell customers programs and provide marketing support in accordance to contracts established by Business Development/Sales.
- Works in conjunction with Business Development/Sales to create and execute effective conferences, networking events, and tradeshows in line with sales and marketing plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field; and/or recent experience in marketing and promotion.
- Three years marketing experience in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a team; track record of effective teamwork. Ability to communicate goals and objectives. Capable of providing leadership to meet the established goals.
- Excellent technical skills; proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs; graphic design software; social media platforms; various marketing and creative apps; internet and website development tools such as WordPress; etc.
- Excellent writing, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with online content marketing and social media development strategies.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively. Possess strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills, excellent time management skills, able to work with minimal support and guidance.
- Experience building complex marketing programs and reporting on the results.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to HR at [email protected].