MITAGS is seeking a Full-Time Instructor at its West Coast campus!
Instructor is responsible for presenting courses in the maritime field and providing quality classroom instruction to attendees. Instructor shall be responsible for delivering content as provided by the organization.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With guidance from Department Head, instructor provides quality instruction to attendees, through various methods of instruction such that the attendee will achieve the goals outlined in the course curriculum.
- An Instructor shall keep appropriate records and evaluate attendees as required.
- An Instructor shall prepare for the presentation and delivery of a course as necessary and shall report to the Department Head any items requiring curriculum development attention.
- An instructor mentors, educates and guides attendees.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned.
- USCG Officer Level License; with experience sailing under his/her highest-level license and similar experience are a plus, may be substituted with equivalent uniformed service experience (NOAA, USCG, USN).
- Degree in Adult Education, Maritime Sciences or related field desired.
- Two years of experience effectively supervising subordinates in a similar environment desired.
- Experience teaching adults’ professional subjects for one or more years, including teaching cadets.
- Experience, training and qualifications required to obtain approval to teach the courses in the field from the U.S. Coast Guard is required.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and related information systems.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making skills; ability to perform tasks and projects with no guidance. Capable of developing sound, detailed analyses to support actions and/or recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills required. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Requires performance of moderate physical activity.
- Position may require some travel, to include MITAGS East Campus, or at other sites and company locations as directed.
Minimum Starting Base Salary $53,535.00. Position based in Seattle, Washington.
If interested in learning more or applying for this position, please submit a cover letter with your resume to MITAGS Human Resources Manager, Jane Sibiski at [email protected].