Title: FT Instructor – Marine Safety Training
Location: MITAGS West in Seattle, WA
Category: Full Time with full benefits
Starting Salary: $70,980
Responsible to the Department Chair for delivery of MITAGS Marine Safety program including Firefighting, Basic Safety (STCW), Damage Control and other marine safety training programs, acting as an Instructor for delegated courses.
Reports to the Department Chair or designate.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and deliver MITAGS West Marine Safety Training Programs and courses, on behalf of the Department Chair.
- Serve as Instructor for approved marine safety program courses and other courses as required.
- Supervise Adjunct Instructors, ensuring high standards of training delivery and strict adherence to the MITAGS code of social conduct.
- Be available to visit and co-teach on the East Coast campus on a periodic basis (less than 20% time).
- Ensure facility readiness for training for all Marine safety programs, including adherence to safety and risk management requirements.
- Responsible for maintenance of equipment and assist the Facilities Manager in maintaining the Fire Trainer and equipment.
- Manage program coordination and training budget for offsite evolutions, including fire field and Lifeboat classes.
- Support the Department Chair in liaison with clients such as Navy COR, TPOC, USCG, NPFVOA.
- Supervise USCG approved firefighting and damage control instructors and support staff.
- Support management of adjunct instructor training, qualification, and certifications in conjunction with the Department Chair and Instructional Design Coordinator (IDC).
- Make recommendations for instructor professional development and progression.
- Responsible for instructor assignments.
- Manage curriculum in accordance with regulatory agencies requirements such as US Navy, USCG, NFPA and in conjunction with IDC.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the Merchant Marine, U.S. Armed Forces, Coast Guard, or major Fire Department.
- Experience as an approved instructor by an appropriate governing body, such as the US Coast Guard, preferably in Firefighting or Medical training fields.
- Train the Trainer qualified or ability to achieve this required, STCW certified, qualification.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform tasks and projects with no guidance.
- Capable of developing sound, detailed analyses to support actions and/or recommendations.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Instructor experience with associated qualifications from the merchant marine, military, fire service or other accredited organization, such as Merchant Mariner Credential/USCG License, EMT or Paramedic certification.
- Five or more years of Program Management or Team supervisory experience.
- Experience in Training Curriculum development.
- Proficient in MS products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills required. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
For immediate consideration, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].