The Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies/Maritime Conference Center in Linthicum, Maryland has an immediate opening for Director of Sales. MITAGS-MCC is a dynamic, progressive Maritime Training Center and Conference Center located in the BWI Business area. We are committed to providing the absolute best in training and services to our students and conference customers. It is an ideal place for hardworking individuals who like challenges and who take pride in their work.
The Director of Sales is responsible for building and leading a pro-active, successful sales team. Develops and directs profitable, cost-effective marketing and sales programs for the Maritime Conference Center. Utilizing the Sales & Marketing team, the DOS will establish goals and a budget, as well as a cohesive marketing plan to maximize new business bookings. Has overall accountability for successful operations of the sales and marketing functions. Works in conjunction with the MITAGS Business Development Team to increase revenues for the organization.
Reports to the MITAGS-MCC General Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes all available sources, including industry contacts, internet resources, publications, trade associations, chambers and other such organizations, etc. to establish and direct profitable marketing and sales programs for Maritime Conference Center.
- Utilizing the Sales and Marketing team, researches the competitive market to gather/develop data essential to devise a cohesive marketing strategy. Utilizes data to segment the market, develop customer acquisition and retention strategies, prioritizing the level of effort based on expected returns for any given prospective client.
- Makes presentations, leads site inspections, and attends client meetings, tradeshows, networking events, etc. to promote Maritime Conference Center.
- Supervises a staff of Sales Managers and a remote Marketing Coordinator. Responsible for training, developing and serving as a mentor to the Sales & Marketing staff.
- Prepared forecasting and budget reports and analyzes data to make the best possible strategic decisions for the department and organization.
- Supports the Sales & Marketing team in cultivating strategic partnerships, gaining new prospects and closing sales. Has overall responsibility for generating new business.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or General Manager.
- Minimum five years Sales and Marketing experience in a Conference Center or hospitality environment. Degree in Marketing or Business Administration preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years supervisory experience. Demonstrated ability to develop a team, track record of effective teamwork. Communicated goals and objectives to the department, providing leadership to meet the established targets.
- Excellent time management skills; able to work with minimal support and guidance; keen budgetary and financial management skills.
- Strong technical skills; including proficiency in computer, knowledge of Property Management Systems, Microsoft Office Software and the internet.
- Possess strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills. Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers and outside organizations. Has a participative management style; leads by example.
The Director of Sales is expected to be skilled in the following core competencies:
- Dealing w/ Ambiguity, Conflict Management, Directing Others, Managing Diversity, Motivating Others, Peer Relationships, Perseverance, Building Effective Teams.
- Requires moderate physical activity.
Compensation: Annual salary range $85,000.00 to $90,000.00. Commensurate with experience: Excellent benefits including, but not limited to, zero (0$) payroll deduction for Health Care including medical, dental and vision for employee and all legal dependents. Employer contributions to Pension, IRAP, generous paid vacation, sick/personal time and holidays.
For immediate consideration, please send resume with cover letter ASAP to Human Resources Manager [email protected].
Take a peek at us!