Successful Safety Management – A Practical Primer
- Length2 Days
This 2-day workshop is a Safety Management System (SMS) practical primer and/or review to provide guidance on developing, implementing, and maintaining successful key processes within a SMS for continual safety performance improvement. Depending on the class participants, the following best practices and standards will be covered: ISM Code, ISO 9001:2015, and 46 CFR Subchapter "M.” This course is part of the QSE Solutions Continual Improvement Workshop Series™ and can be customized for organization specific SMS workshops.
This course may be customized to incorporate company policies and procedures and / or combined with other training. It may also be taught offsite. For more information on how MITAGS-PMI can develop a “turn-key” training solutions for your organization, please call 1-866-656-5569 or e-mail Admissions@mitags.org.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
What You Will Learn
- Learn and understand the framework on how to achieve Zero Incidents.
- Learn how to close the loop efficiently.
- Learn how to effectively establish safeguards against identifiable risks.
- Understand why clearly defined roles, responsibilities, authority and accountability are critical in managing safety successfully.
- Learn how to capture inputs for meaningful outputs for continual improvement