The Maritime Conference Center (MCC) has an immediate opening for Conference Services Manager.
It is the responsibility of the Conference Services Department to ensure our group guests have an exceptional experience during their meeting or event in order to promote repeat business. The Conference Services Department works directly with the Meeting Planners, prepares the Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), sets and prepares meeting rooms per the BEO, including AV. It also serves as the on-site department for guest assistance, catering/banquet posting and billing, AV, photocopies, shipping, and all other typical business center services. The Conference Services Manager (CSM) is accountable for the smooth and efficient operation of the Conference Services Department in accordance with MITAGS-MCC standards. In addition to fulfilling the duties of a Conference Manager, the CSM ensures the meeting sets are accurate before the guests arrive, checks with Meeting Planners each morning to see if they need assistance and oversees the operation of the Help Line program.
This position reports directly to the Conference Director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
- On-site contact for guests and liaison to other departments.
- Greet guests each morning, provide safety instructions and meal cards if applicable, and familiarize the guest with the food service locations and hours.
- Work closely with Lead/Conference Aides to meet the needs of the guest on-site, and make changes/modifications as requested.
- Inspect future meeting space sets for accuracy.
- Post daily charges, provide final bill if requested. Change reader board daily.
- Upsell additional meeting space, audio-visual equipment, food or other services.
- Monitor Department HELP line and dispatch/provide assistance as required.
- Detail meetings and generate BEOs for the clients as assigned by the Senior Conference Manager
- Computer knowledge (MS Office) is essential.
- Use of a property management system is desired (Visual One preferred).
- Excellent oral and written skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with common meeting Audio/Visual Equipment.
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Self-motivated and positive attitude.
- Minimum of 3 years banquet, catering, concierge or similar customer service experience in a hotel or conference center environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Sunday through Thursday, 7:00AM to 3:00PM, including 1 hour for Lunch.
- Must be flexible to work all shifts to meet the needs of the business.
- On-call as required
- Must frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent need to stand for long periods at a time or walk the property.
FT Position with excellent employee benefits including Health Care with no payroll deduction for employee and legal dependents including medical, vision, dental. Employer contributions to Pension and IRAP. Generous PTO includes vacation, sick, personal and holidays. One complimentary meal per scheduled shift. Send resume for immediate consideration.
Please submit resumes to HR or [email protected]