The mission of the Merchant Exchange Scholarship Fund is to support the educational goals of students seeking or advancing careers in Maritime Affairs and/or International Trade, in order to ensure the future prosperity of the Maritime industry.
The recipients of the Merchants Exchange Scholarship will be selected by the Merchants Exchange Scholarship Fund Board of Directors and rewarded to outstanding individuals who meet the following criteria:
- The applicant’s chosen field of study must be in the Maritime Field and/or International Trade, and must enrolled in a 4-year, 2-year institution, Graduate degree program, or US Coast Guard certified program.
- 4-year Degree Students: The applicant must have completed the minimum credits and/or hours equivalent to two (2) academic years and must be of Junior or Senior standing at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- 2-year Degree Students: The applicant must be accepted to, or currently pursuing a degree (in your first or second year) in a 2-year program at an institution of higher learning or at USCG certified institution.
- Graduate Degree or Maritime Training Program:The applicant must be accepted to, or currently pursuing a degree a program at an accredited institution of higher learning or at USCG certified institution.
- The applicant must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA or the school’s equivalent rankings.
- The applicant must demonstrate academic achievement and have exemplary qualities in personal character. Financial need may be considered if other factors are equal.
All required documents are to be postmarked by May 31, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact [email protected].