Title: Admissions Services Representative
Category: Full-Time 40-hour per week position
Location: MITAGS East in Linthicum Heights, MD
Union: MM&P OAMG
Minimum starting $19.70 per hour with Full Benefits
Admissions Services Representative
MITAGS is an industry leading maritime training provider, supporting members of the MM&P Union as well as the wider maritime community, with over 5,000 students per year attending a wide variety of courses. Academic Services Representatives are the first point of contact with MITAGS for many students and customers and are responsible for managing the admissions process in addition to providing administrative support to daily operations, registrations, courses, classrooms, and materials. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
SUPERVISION OF DUTIES
First Level – Admissions Coordinator
Second Level – Student Services Manager
MAJOR DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as a member of the Academic Admissions Team with responsibility for the overall admissions processes to assist in achieving enrollment goals and efficiencies.
- Responsible for coordinating all phases of the admissions process including advising potential candidates, companies and organizations of Admissions Procedures as outlined in the Academic Division Operations Manual; including application processing, student confirmation, forwarding of class materials, hotel and travel arrangements when required. Interfaces with MM&P Plans Office to verify student eligibility and makes sure all pertinent information is obtained. Generates and distributes student confirmations and class lists. Notifies instructors of changes and no-shows.
- Provides pertinent information to prospective students on courses, prices, and schedules.
- Under direct supervision, processes request for travel and coordinates / books group travel for particular customer groups. Tracks and documents expenses.
- Provides academic administrative support to instructors, staff and Directors; including administrative assistant duties to support record keeping, certification issuing and classroom material management.
- Advises attendees of admissions requirements, Trust Guidelines, financial aid and hotel information. Critically reviews admissions applications, evaluates credentials, accepts or declines attendee, enters information into MIDS (database). Distributes student confirmations and acceptance packages containing school information and any course materials needed prior to arrival. Acts as customer service representative to students.
- Responsible for preparing course guides, manuals and materials for use in classes when required.
- Supports maintenance of office supplies inventories.
- Responsible for collating end of course documentation with Instructors, supported by Learning Management System.
- Continually evaluates and adjusts participant lists in order to maintain optimal capacity enrollment of qualified students and is able to provide an up-to-date and viable wait-list.
- Performs general front office administrative duties, answering and fielding telephone calls received at the main number and assisting with special projects as necessary.
Other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of direct experience or 3 years in a related area of an academic institution or setting required; admissions or registrar experience required.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making skills; initiative and ability to perform tasks and projects with minimum or no guidance required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Strong verbal and writing skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff and clients at all levels required.
- Experience with using basic computer skills, such as Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in educational administration or a related area or equivalent experience.
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations.
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with departments and cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Maritime Industry a plus.
Standard office/classroom setting. Duties may require occasional travel to off-site locations.
This description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]